Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Salah features in Roma’s win over Inter Milan
Roma XI: Szczesny; Peres, Manolas, Fazio, Jesus; Florenzi (Nainggolan), De Rossi, Strootman; Salah (El Shaarawy), Dzeko, Perotti (Paredes).
Inter Milan XI: Handanovic; Ansaldi (Nagatomo), Miranda, Murillo, Santon; Joao Mario (Gnoukouri), Medel, Banega; Candreva (Jovetic), Icardi, Perisic.
A lively start to the game saw each team awarded a corner within two minutes of the kick-off. Roma took an early lead as Salah sent a great pass to Peres who then crossed it for Dzeko who volleyed it into the back of the net, making it 1-0 after only five minutes.
From there, many chances fell to both teams. In the 20th minute, Salah had two great chances within a minute of one another but both went to waste. The first half ended with only Dzeko’s goal to separate the sides.
In the second half, Salah crossed a great ball for Strootman who headed it over the bar.
With twenty minutes remaining, Salah was substituted for Stephan El Shaarawy. A minute later, Inter Milan tied the game through Banega after an assist from Mauro Icardi.
However, the hosts would only need four minutes to regain their lead as Konstantinos Manolas headed a Florenzi set piece to score Roma’s second.
The game ended 2-1 for Roma and saw the Giallorossi move up to third place with 13 points from seven games, five points away from leader Juventus. Inter Milan moved to 9th place with 11 points.
Roma’s next game will be away at Napoli on October 15.