Egypt’s local national team have defeated Benin 2-0 in the preparations for CHAN...
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
Salah features in Roma’s win over Inter Milan
Roma XI: Szczesny; Peres, Manolas, Fazio, Jesus; Florenzi (Nainggolan), De Rossi, Strootman; Salah (El Shaarawy), Dzeko, Perotti (Paredes).
Inter Milan XI: Handanovic; Ansaldi (Nagatomo), Miranda, Murillo, Santon; Joao Mario (Gnoukouri), Medel, Banega; Candreva (Jovetic), Icardi, Perisic.
A lively start to the game saw each team awarded a corner within two minutes of the kick-off. Roma took an early lead as Salah sent a great pass to Peres who then crossed it for Dzeko who volleyed it into the back of the net, making it 1-0 after only five minutes.
From there, many chances fell to both teams. In the 20th minute, Salah had two great chances within a minute of one another but both went to waste. The first half ended with only Dzeko’s goal to separate the sides.
In the second half, Salah crossed a great ball for Strootman who headed it over the bar.
With twenty minutes remaining, Salah was substituted for Stephan El Shaarawy. A minute later, Inter Milan tied the game through Banega after an assist from Mauro Icardi.
However, the hosts would only need four minutes to regain their lead as Konstantinos Manolas headed a Florenzi set piece to score Roma’s second.
The game ended 2-1 for Roma and saw the Giallorossi move up to third place with 13 points from seven games, five points away from leader Juventus. Inter Milan moved to 9th place with 11 points.
Roma’s next game will be away at Napoli on October 15.