Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger made a round up on the team’s injured...
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
- Anderlecht coach: Trezeguet is developing well away from the spotlight
Salah features in Roma’s win over Inter Milan
Roma XI: Szczesny; Peres, Manolas, Fazio, Jesus; Florenzi (Nainggolan), De Rossi, Strootman; Salah (El Shaarawy), Dzeko, Perotti (Paredes).
Inter Milan XI: Handanovic; Ansaldi (Nagatomo), Miranda, Murillo, Santon; Joao Mario (Gnoukouri), Medel, Banega; Candreva (Jovetic), Icardi, Perisic.
A lively start to the game saw each team awarded a corner within two minutes of the kick-off. Roma took an early lead as Salah sent a great pass to Peres who then crossed it for Dzeko who volleyed it into the back of the net, making it 1-0 after only five minutes.
From there, many chances fell to both teams. In the 20th minute, Salah had two great chances within a minute of one another but both went to waste. The first half ended with only Dzeko’s goal to separate the sides.
In the second half, Salah crossed a great ball for Strootman who headed it over the bar.
With twenty minutes remaining, Salah was substituted for Stephan El Shaarawy. A minute later, Inter Milan tied the game through Banega after an assist from Mauro Icardi.
However, the hosts would only need four minutes to regain their lead as Konstantinos Manolas headed a Florenzi set piece to score Roma’s second.
The game ended 2-1 for Roma and saw the Giallorossi move up to third place with 13 points from seven games, five points away from leader Juventus. Inter Milan moved to 9th place with 11 points.
Roma’s next game will be away at Napoli on October 15.