Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull to host Newcastle in EFL Cup quarterfinal
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Salah features in Roma’s win over Inter Milan
Roma XI: Szczesny; Peres, Manolas, Fazio, Jesus; Florenzi (Nainggolan), De Rossi, Strootman; Salah (El Shaarawy), Dzeko, Perotti (Paredes).
Inter Milan XI: Handanovic; Ansaldi (Nagatomo), Miranda, Murillo, Santon; Joao Mario (Gnoukouri), Medel, Banega; Candreva (Jovetic), Icardi, Perisic.
A lively start to the game saw each team awarded a corner within two minutes of the kick-off. Roma took an early lead as Salah sent a great pass to Peres who then crossed it for Dzeko who volleyed it into the back of the net, making it 1-0 after only five minutes.
From there, many chances fell to both teams. In the 20th minute, Salah had two great chances within a minute of one another but both went to waste. The first half ended with only Dzeko’s goal to separate the sides.
In the second half, Salah crossed a great ball for Strootman who headed it over the bar.
With twenty minutes remaining, Salah was substituted for Stephan El Shaarawy. A minute later, Inter Milan tied the game through Banega after an assist from Mauro Icardi.
However, the hosts would only need four minutes to regain their lead as Konstantinos Manolas headed a Florenzi set piece to score Roma’s second.
The game ended 2-1 for Roma and saw the Giallorossi move up to third place with 13 points from seven games, five points away from leader Juventus. Inter Milan moved to 9th place with 11 points.
Roma’s next game will be away at Napoli on October 15.