After more than three years of absence, the Arab Champions League is...
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
Spalletti: Salah superb but not great defensively
In an interview with ASRoma.com, Roma’s manager spoke about how he sees Mohamed Salah as ‘superb’. “He’s a superb player and I think he’d be right at home in the English game because with such searing pace he just leaves you for dead over 60 meters,” Spalletti claimed.
The 57-year-old manager then added that the Egypt international needs to work on the defensive side of his game. He said, “He’s not great defensively, so when he doesn’t take his chances up front it’s tough, especially against big teams like Inter who make life hard for you.”
This comes after AS Roma beat Inter Milan 2-1 in the Serie A moving Salah’s side to 3rd in the league after seven games.
Roma face second placed Napoli away on the 15th October after the international break.