Zambia U-20 national team manager Beston Cgambeshi has announced his squad for...
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
- Smouha to face Kenya’s Ulinzi Star in CAF Confederation Cup
- Ahmed Yasser scores first goal in debut with Al Mina’a
- Cuper: Preparations for World Cup starts now
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
Omar Gaber: We need to get three points against Congo
Gaber, who has been getting a lot of playtime with the RotBlau, often playing in the left-back position, is one of the nine players abroad who were called up by Egypt national team manager Hector Cuper.
In an interview with ON Sport, the ex-Zamalek player claimed that his inclusion in the national team squad is not guaranteed, claiming that he is like any other Egyptian footballer.
“I’m not special. Just like any other player, I hope to play with the national team, and I hope I can make the difference,” he explained.
“I hope I can help the team beat Congo in a very important match.”
Gaber insisted that he and his teammates are focused on winning the away match against Congo to give them a boost ahead of the remaining qualifiers against Ghana and Uganda.
The 24-year-old pointed out, “It is a very important match, especially since it is the first one of the qualifiers, and that we need to get all three points.”
When asked about his new position as a left-back, Gaber said, “It’s new. I’ve played in many different positions but left-back is not one of them, but I’m always ready to play wherever the manager asks me to.
“I always do what I’m asked to, but currently, my only focus is on winning the game against Congo,” he concluded.
Egypt’s national team will travel to Brazzaville to play Congo at the New Kintele Stadium on Sunday, October 9th. The following month, Egypt will host the Black Stars on a date that is yet to be announced.