Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Omar Gaber: We need to get three points against Congo
Gaber, who has been getting a lot of playtime with the RotBlau, often playing in the left-back position, is one of the nine players abroad who were called up by Egypt national team manager Hector Cuper.
In an interview with ON Sport, the ex-Zamalek player claimed that his inclusion in the national team squad is not guaranteed, claiming that he is like any other Egyptian footballer.
“I’m not special. Just like any other player, I hope to play with the national team, and I hope I can make the difference,” he explained.
“I hope I can help the team beat Congo in a very important match.”
Gaber insisted that he and his teammates are focused on winning the away match against Congo to give them a boost ahead of the remaining qualifiers against Ghana and Uganda.
The 24-year-old pointed out, “It is a very important match, especially since it is the first one of the qualifiers, and that we need to get all three points.”
When asked about his new position as a left-back, Gaber said, “It’s new. I’ve played in many different positions but left-back is not one of them, but I’m always ready to play wherever the manager asks me to.
“I always do what I’m asked to, but currently, my only focus is on winning the game against Congo,” he concluded.
Egypt’s national team will travel to Brazzaville to play Congo at the New Kintele Stadium on Sunday, October 9th. The following month, Egypt will host the Black Stars on a date that is yet to be announced.