Iraqi side Al-Shorta have terminated the contract of Egyptian manager Mohamed Youssef by mutual...
- OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef leaves Al Shorta by mutual consent
- Ahmed Hassan: Salah has surpassed every Egyptian player
- Ahmed Hassan hopes prayers will stop Buffon from breaking his record
- Stoke City CEO: Ramadan’s success opens door for other young signings
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
Omar Gaber: We need to get three points against Congo
Gaber, who has been getting a lot of playtime with the RotBlau, often playing in the left-back position, is one of the nine players abroad who were called up by Egypt national team manager Hector Cuper.
In an interview with ON Sport, the ex-Zamalek player claimed that his inclusion in the national team squad is not guaranteed, claiming that he is like any other Egyptian footballer.
“I’m not special. Just like any other player, I hope to play with the national team, and I hope I can make the difference,” he explained.
“I hope I can help the team beat Congo in a very important match.”
Gaber insisted that he and his teammates are focused on winning the away match against Congo to give them a boost ahead of the remaining qualifiers against Ghana and Uganda.
The 24-year-old pointed out, “It is a very important match, especially since it is the first one of the qualifiers, and that we need to get all three points.”
When asked about his new position as a left-back, Gaber said, “It’s new. I’ve played in many different positions but left-back is not one of them, but I’m always ready to play wherever the manager asks me to.
“I always do what I’m asked to, but currently, my only focus is on winning the game against Congo,” he concluded.
Egypt’s national team will travel to Brazzaville to play Congo at the New Kintele Stadium on Sunday, October 9th. The following month, Egypt will host the Black Stars on a date that is yet to be announced.