Record eight-time champions Al Ahly will face South African outfit Bidvest Wits...
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
- Elmo ready for Hull’s training camp in Portugal
- Tunisia to play two warm-up games for Egypt encounter
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Abdel-Shafy excluded, Morsy plays full 90
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek reach Egypt Cup round of 16
- Veteran Egyptian coach Hassan Shehata confirms South Africa talks
Al Ahly announce the formation of a new football committee
Al Ahly’s board has announced the formation of a new football committee as part of their plans to reform the football department within the club.
The Red Devils released an official statement on their website claiming that the club has decided to form a new football committee following the club’s disappointing performances last season.
The football committee, which is going to be the first in Mahmoud Taher’s era, will be led by the club’s president himself.
The committee membership will also include the club’s former players Taha Ismail and Anwar Salama.
Al Ahly has said that the committee held their first meeting on Tuesday and plan to put a general plan for the committee’s job in the upcoming period.
Taher told the club’s official website, “The committee’s job will be setting clear strategies regarding the football section in the club for the next stage.”
He added that they aim to improve the youth system saying, “We will also focus on the the club’s youth section and academies as well as announcing new laws and rules to regulate everything relating to football.”