KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Ghana announce squad for Uganda clash
Ghana was drawn with Egypt, Congo Brazzaville and Uganda in the same group in the World Cup qualifications after the draw was held in Cairo last June.
The Black Stars will be led by 30-year-old veteran and Al Ahli UAE striker Asamoah Gyan, who aims to lead his country once again to football’s biggest event.
Ghana manager Avram Grant has included only three Ghana-based players in the squad, which are Hearts Of Oak Inusah Musah, Richard Ofori and Wa All Stars’ Emmanuel Ocran.
Goalkeepers: Razak Braimah, Adam Kwarasey, Richard Ofori
Defenders: Harrison Afful, Daniel Amartey, Jeffery Schlup, Baba Rahman, John Boye, Jonathan Mensah, Edwin Gyimah, Inusah Musah
Midfielders: Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu, Afriyie Acquah, Thomas Partey, Enock Adu Kofi, Samuel Tetteh, Mubarak Wakaso, Frank Acheampong, Christian Atsu, Gilbert Koomson, Emmanuel Ocran
Forwards: Asamoah Gyan, Jordan Ayew, Abdul Majeed Waris, David Accam.
In the same group, Egypt will be taking on Congo Brazzaville on Sunday, October 9 at New Kintele Stadium.