Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Ghana announce squad for Uganda clash
Ghana was drawn with Egypt, Congo Brazzaville and Uganda in the same group in the World Cup qualifications after the draw was held in Cairo last June.
The Black Stars will be led by 30-year-old veteran and Al Ahli UAE striker Asamoah Gyan, who aims to lead his country once again to football’s biggest event.
Ghana manager Avram Grant has included only three Ghana-based players in the squad, which are Hearts Of Oak Inusah Musah, Richard Ofori and Wa All Stars’ Emmanuel Ocran.
Goalkeepers: Razak Braimah, Adam Kwarasey, Richard Ofori
Defenders: Harrison Afful, Daniel Amartey, Jeffery Schlup, Baba Rahman, John Boye, Jonathan Mensah, Edwin Gyimah, Inusah Musah
Midfielders: Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu, Afriyie Acquah, Thomas Partey, Enock Adu Kofi, Samuel Tetteh, Mubarak Wakaso, Frank Acheampong, Christian Atsu, Gilbert Koomson, Emmanuel Ocran
Forwards: Asamoah Gyan, Jordan Ayew, Abdul Majeed Waris, David Accam.
In the same group, Egypt will be taking on Congo Brazzaville on Sunday, October 9 at New Kintele Stadium.