Former Al Ain FC Croatian coach Zlatko Dalic revealed that he was honored...
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
Mohamed Elneny praises Wenger during his recent Twitter Q&A
In his latest interview, Mohamed Elneny has answered some fans’ questions during a Twitter Q&A on Arsenal’s official account.
The first question was being asked how much he loves Arsenal, Elneny replied saying: “I watched Arsenal since I was young for players like Henry, Bergkamp and Vieira and now I love them even more after coming and playing here.”
Elneny has also praised his manager, Arsene Wenger, after being asked of his opinion of the French manager. He said: “It’s not me who can answer a question like that of course, the man has been managing one of the biggest clubs in the world for more than 20 years.
“I think he is a legendary manager who’s top class and one of the best managers of the world of course.”
The Egypt midfielder has been asked as well during the Q&A on the player who he thinks is the best at his position, the defensive midfielder, in the world.
“There are a lot of players of course, but there is no one in particular who’s above the rest in that particular position; most players are of the same level.”
On being asked who he’d prefer to partner him in midfield, Elneny said that there’s no one in particular and he’d play beside anyone.
The 24-year-old has replied to the question asking who’s your closest friend in the Arsenal dressing room saying: “We’re all one family and one group, all players are my friends and we joke with each other, Nacho Monreal for example jokes a lot.
“There’s also Mesut Özil, Cazorla and Sanchez; we’re all one family and we joke with each other a lot.”
The last question during the Q&A was could Egypt win the African Cup of Nations in 2017; he said: “Sure, I think that we’re a very decent group of players who are able to achieve something and we have a great manager who’s capable of winning titles for Egypt.
“I think it’s not difficult, but right now we have the 2018 World Cup qualifiers which we’re focused on as we have 2 or 3 matches before the AFCON which could have huge effect on us during the tournament as it will rally fans around us for support.
“I also call fans to support us no matter what happens as we’re a group who are growing with each other and need their support because we’ve got dreams we want to achieve for Egypt and ourselves.”