Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Avram Grant not worried about Ghana World Cup qualification
Ghana manager Avram Grant believes the Black Stars can still qualify to the 2018 Russia World Cup despite their disappointing draw against Uganda on Friday.
Ghana were held at home by Uganda in their CAF World Cup qualifying third round opener, giving Egypt a golden opportunity to top Group E should they succeed in defeating Congo on Sunday.
In spite of the disadvantage, Grant is quite sure that Ghana will represent Africa on the biggest stage in international football for the 4th consecutive time: “We have five games to go, even in the Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers we lost the opening game and still qualified, we have the quality to make it.
“Our group is tough so there won’t be easy games; they got a point here but we can go there [Uganda] and beat them- it’s football,” Grant concluded.