Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
Micho says Uganda’s good results “not by accident”
Milutin Sredojevic has made it clear that the run of good results by Uganda is not an accident. Micho, as he is commonly called, recounted the Uganda Cranes last five competitive matches away from home.
“Five last competitive matches of Uganda away; win in Comoros 1-0, win in Togo 1-0, loss Burkina Faso 1-0 from penalty, win in Botswana 2-1, draw in Ghana 0-0. It can’t be accident.”
Uganda also held Ghana to an away draw in the 2015 AFCON qualifiers and Micho did not forget to mention that as well. “Three matches against Ghana. Two draws in Kumasi and Tamale, and a win in Kampala. It could not be an accident.”
Sredojevic was speaking to KingFut. He mentioned his respect for Egypt but added that his team is only focused on the coming match.
“We shall approach every match as it comes. We are playing, 12th November, in Kampala against Congo Brazzaville and we think only about them at present.”
Congo hosts Egypt in the other opening fixtures of group E’s 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers. Only the team that finishes top will qualify.