Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
Micho says Uganda’s good results “not by accident”
Milutin Sredojevic has made it clear that the run of good results by Uganda is not an accident. Micho, as he is commonly called, recounted the Uganda Cranes last five competitive matches away from home.
“Five last competitive matches of Uganda away; win in Comoros 1-0, win in Togo 1-0, loss Burkina Faso 1-0 from penalty, win in Botswana 2-1, draw in Ghana 0-0. It can’t be accident.”
Uganda also held Ghana to an away draw in the 2015 AFCON qualifiers and Micho did not forget to mention that as well. “Three matches against Ghana. Two draws in Kumasi and Tamale, and a win in Kampala. It could not be an accident.”
Sredojevic was speaking to KingFut. He mentioned his respect for Egypt but added that his team is only focused on the coming match.
“We shall approach every match as it comes. We are playing, 12th November, in Kampala against Congo Brazzaville and we think only about them at present.”
Congo hosts Egypt in the other opening fixtures of group E’s 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers. Only the team that finishes top will qualify.