Egypt local national team coach, Hany Ramzy has identified 36 players to...
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- LIVE: Egypt vs Uganda – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
Micho says Uganda’s good results “not by accident”
Milutin Sredojevic has made it clear that the run of good results by Uganda is not an accident. Micho, as he is commonly called, recounted the Uganda Cranes last five competitive matches away from home.
“Five last competitive matches of Uganda away; win in Comoros 1-0, win in Togo 1-0, loss Burkina Faso 1-0 from penalty, win in Botswana 2-1, draw in Ghana 0-0. It can’t be accident.”
Uganda also held Ghana to an away draw in the 2015 AFCON qualifiers and Micho did not forget to mention that as well. “Three matches against Ghana. Two draws in Kumasi and Tamale, and a win in Kampala. It could not be an accident.”
Sredojevic was speaking to KingFut. He mentioned his respect for Egypt but added that his team is only focused on the coming match.
“We shall approach every match as it comes. We are playing, 12th November, in Kampala against Congo Brazzaville and we think only about them at present.”
Congo hosts Egypt in the other opening fixtures of group E’s 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers. Only the team that finishes top will qualify.