Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
Micho says Uganda’s good results “not by accident”
Milutin Sredojevic has made it clear that the run of good results by Uganda is not an accident. Micho, as he is commonly called, recounted the Uganda Cranes last five competitive matches away from home.
“Five last competitive matches of Uganda away; win in Comoros 1-0, win in Togo 1-0, loss Burkina Faso 1-0 from penalty, win in Botswana 2-1, draw in Ghana 0-0. It can’t be accident.”
Uganda also held Ghana to an away draw in the 2015 AFCON qualifiers and Micho did not forget to mention that as well. “Three matches against Ghana. Two draws in Kumasi and Tamale, and a win in Kampala. It could not be an accident.”
Sredojevic was speaking to KingFut. He mentioned his respect for Egypt but added that his team is only focused on the coming match.
“We shall approach every match as it comes. We are playing, 12th November, in Kampala against Congo Brazzaville and we think only about them at present.”
Congo hosts Egypt in the other opening fixtures of group E’s 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers. Only the team that finishes top will qualify.