Al Ahly continued their winning streak after beating Tanta 1-0 on Monday,...
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
Congo forwards lament loss against Egypt
Congolese forwards Thievy Bifouma and Fabrice Ondama addressed the press after their country’s loss against Egypt in the 2018 Russia World Cup qualifiers.
Thievy Bifouma said, “I am really disappointed as we could have at least drew.”
“It’s too bad. I think we gave our everything. We knew their strength was through Mohamed Salah as he is an extremely fast player, yet we didn’t know how to stop him.”
“They (Egypt) have been playing together for a while so there’s chemistry in the team as the players know each other very well. ”
“It is now up to us to put more effort and work harder to be able to win our next match,” concluded Bifouma.
While Ondama said, “We scored first but they came back to equalize through Mohamed Salah who was too much for youngster Imouele to handle. We tried to get back in the game but we couldn’t.
“I know there is hope. With the grace of god, everything will be better and we will work on winning and pleasing our supporters,” Ondama concluded.