In an intensive interview with France Football Magazine, Mohamed Salah reflected on...
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
Congo forwards lament loss against Egypt
Congolese forwards Thievy Bifouma and Fabrice Ondama addressed the press after their country’s loss against Egypt in the 2018 Russia World Cup qualifiers.
Thievy Bifouma said, “I am really disappointed as we could have at least drew.”
“It’s too bad. I think we gave our everything. We knew their strength was through Mohamed Salah as he is an extremely fast player, yet we didn’t know how to stop him.”
“They (Egypt) have been playing together for a while so there’s chemistry in the team as the players know each other very well. ”
“It is now up to us to put more effort and work harder to be able to win our next match,” concluded Bifouma.
While Ondama said, “We scored first but they came back to equalize through Mohamed Salah who was too much for youngster Imouele to handle. We tried to get back in the game but we couldn’t.
“I know there is hope. With the grace of god, everything will be better and we will work on winning and pleasing our supporters,” Ondama concluded.