A Sherif Ekramy penalty save in the dying seconds of the match...
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
Congo forwards lament loss against Egypt
Congolese forwards Thievy Bifouma and Fabrice Ondama addressed the press after their country’s loss against Egypt in the 2018 Russia World Cup qualifiers.
Thievy Bifouma said, “I am really disappointed as we could have at least drew.”
“It’s too bad. I think we gave our everything. We knew their strength was through Mohamed Salah as he is an extremely fast player, yet we didn’t know how to stop him.”
“They (Egypt) have been playing together for a while so there’s chemistry in the team as the players know each other very well. ”
“It is now up to us to put more effort and work harder to be able to win our next match,” concluded Bifouma.
While Ondama said, “We scored first but they came back to equalize through Mohamed Salah who was too much for youngster Imouele to handle. We tried to get back in the game but we couldn’t.
“I know there is hope. With the grace of god, everything will be better and we will work on winning and pleasing our supporters,” Ondama concluded.