Al Ahly received $3.8 million of the transfer fees of former Red...
- Marwan ElShorbagy defeats brother to reach Windy City Open semi-finals
- Monfils eliminates Safwat from Dubai Tennis Championships
- Ahmed Elmohamady: Everything has changed at Hull City
- Al Ahly announce stadium for Bidvest Wits clash
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
Congo forwards lament loss against Egypt
Congolese forwards Thievy Bifouma and Fabrice Ondama addressed the press after their country’s loss against Egypt in the 2018 Russia World Cup qualifiers.
Thievy Bifouma said, “I am really disappointed as we could have at least drew.”
“It’s too bad. I think we gave our everything. We knew their strength was through Mohamed Salah as he is an extremely fast player, yet we didn’t know how to stop him.”
“They (Egypt) have been playing together for a while so there’s chemistry in the team as the players know each other very well. ”
“It is now up to us to put more effort and work harder to be able to win our next match,” concluded Bifouma.
While Ondama said, “We scored first but they came back to equalize through Mohamed Salah who was too much for youngster Imouele to handle. We tried to get back in the game but we couldn’t.
“I know there is hope. With the grace of god, everything will be better and we will work on winning and pleasing our supporters,” Ondama concluded.