Following the coronation of Mamelodi Sundowns with their first ever title, KingFut experts picked out...
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
Congo forwards lament loss against Egypt
Congolese forwards Thievy Bifouma and Fabrice Ondama addressed the press after their country’s loss against Egypt in the 2018 Russia World Cup qualifiers.
Thievy Bifouma said, “I am really disappointed as we could have at least drew.”
“It’s too bad. I think we gave our everything. We knew their strength was through Mohamed Salah as he is an extremely fast player, yet we didn’t know how to stop him.”
“They (Egypt) have been playing together for a while so there’s chemistry in the team as the players know each other very well. ”
“It is now up to us to put more effort and work harder to be able to win our next match,” concluded Bifouma.
While Ondama said, “We scored first but they came back to equalize through Mohamed Salah who was too much for youngster Imouele to handle. We tried to get back in the game but we couldn’t.
“I know there is hope. With the grace of god, everything will be better and we will work on winning and pleasing our supporters,” Ondama concluded.