Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Khama Billat: We are ready for Zamalek
Sundowns will host Zamalek this Saturday in their second-ever CAF Champions League final as they are looking to win their first continental title.
However they suffered a huge blow in South Africa’s MTN8 Cup last week when they were defeated 3-0 in the final against Bidvest Wits. The loss that Billat has believed was a wake up call for his side.
“It’s a big lesson for us. We love learning but we can’t choose the way we learn sometimes, the defeat was a wake-up call for us,” Billat said.
“I’m sure we are ready for anything right now, and we don’t want to repeat the same mistakes. We may make mistakes we have never done before but we are strong,” the 26-year old forward added.
“We watched our last game we lost to be better in the next game. We don’t want to lose again, it was so hard to digest. But at the end of the day, we don’t have much time to cry and mourn, and we have to come back,” Billat continued.
Billat believes that his side were tactically better than Zamalek when they previously met in the group stages, however he didn’t rule out any surprises happening on Saturday.
“We just have to make sure that we correct our mistakes. I think in our previous matches, we got the tactics right, We knew exactly what to expect, it was easy for us to deal with them,” the former Ajax Cape Town player said.
“We hope there’s not much change because we know them very well, but there’s always a surprise on the day,” Billat concluded.
It is worth noting that the speedy forward was on target for Sundowns when they recorded a group stages win over Zamalek.