Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Zamalek change training venue in South Africa due to protests
Zamalek are set to take on Mamelodi Sundown in the Champions League final first leg on Saturday setting their sights on winning the African title for the first time since 2002.
The Cairo giants were set to train at the Tshwane University of Technology sports grounds but the hosts were forced to change their plans due to the presence of protests in the region.
“Yes, it’s true the venue has changed because of the riots, but the club is trying to find an alternative venue to allow them [Zamalek] to train,” Sundowns spokesperson Thulani Thuswa said.
“We will find the best venue as they would do the same to help us when we play in Egypt.”