Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Anthony Laffor: Zamalek game the biggest of my career
The Liberian forward is set to become the first player of his nation to participate in the CAF Champions League final and has expressed his excitement for the opportunity.
The 31-year-old has scored in the semi-final of the tournament against Zesco and has helped his team reach the final to face Zamalek.
Laffor has talked about the magnitude of the match saying: “No doubt this is the biggest club competition in Africa and without question the biggest highlight and game of my career.”
Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane has primarily used Laffor as a substitute even though he’s expected to start against Zamalek due to his form.
Laffor commented on the possibility of him being on the bench saying: “I’ve been at Sundown for five years and you won’t see me crying if I don’t start. I’m here for the team and will always do my best for the club. But I enjoy these big games.”
The Liberian has previously talked about the need for Sundowns to stay grounded after their impressive feat in reaching the final and has now admitted as well that winning the title is different.
“It’s been a rocky road getting to the final. But we made it. However, being in a final is different to winning it,” he said.
Mamelodi Sundowns are set to face Zamalek for the first leg of the CAF Champions League final this Saturday in the Lucas Moripe Stadium in South Africa.