Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Elmohamady’s Hull City appoint Mike Phelan as Head Coach
The 53-year-old, who won August’s Premier League Manager of the Month award, took over as caretaker manager after the departure of Steve Bruce, guiding the Tigers to win seven points from their opening seven games in the league as well as reaching the last 16 of the EFL Cup.
“It’s been a while in coming, but I’m happy with the position I am now in and looking forward to the challenge ahead,” Phelan said after signing the deal to become the permanent manager.
“It has taken time but things have to be done correctly with these matters. What is important now is that we move forward and help this squad of players be successful for this football club.
“It’s exciting to step over that threshold into management, and I’m looking forward to working with this group of players that has done so well so far.
“The support I have received from everyone has been magnificent and I want that to continue because the challenges ahead are huge. The fans have been excellent through the last few months and the players have given me their full backing.
“I’m looking forward to what is to come now so roll on the next few games,” The former Norwich City and Manchester United defender concluded.
Mike Phelan’s first match as the club’s permanent manager will be against Bournemouth at Dean Court on Saturday.