Egypt local national team coach, Hany Ramzy has identified 36 players to...
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- LIVE: Egypt vs Uganda – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
Elmohamady’s Hull City appoint Mike Phelan as Head Coach
The 53-year-old, who won August’s Premier League Manager of the Month award, took over as caretaker manager after the departure of Steve Bruce, guiding the Tigers to win seven points from their opening seven games in the league as well as reaching the last 16 of the EFL Cup.
“It’s been a while in coming, but I’m happy with the position I am now in and looking forward to the challenge ahead,” Phelan said after signing the deal to become the permanent manager.
“It has taken time but things have to be done correctly with these matters. What is important now is that we move forward and help this squad of players be successful for this football club.
“It’s exciting to step over that threshold into management, and I’m looking forward to working with this group of players that has done so well so far.
“The support I have received from everyone has been magnificent and I want that to continue because the challenges ahead are huge. The fans have been excellent through the last few months and the players have given me their full backing.
“I’m looking forward to what is to come now so roll on the next few games,” The former Norwich City and Manchester United defender concluded.
Mike Phelan’s first match as the club’s permanent manager will be against Bournemouth at Dean Court on Saturday.