Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Ahmed Tawfik Confident ahead of Zamalek’s clash against Sundowns
Zamalek is set to face Mamelodi Sundowns in the first-leg of the CAF Champions League final on Saturday in South Africa. The second-leg match will take place in Alexandria at Borg El Arab stadium on October 23rd.
Zamalek’s Ahmed Tawfik told Sada El Balad Channel, he hopes that luck stands by the White Knights’ side this time in order to win their sixth Champions League trophy.
“There are no easy games in football, I hope that luck stands by our side in order to win our sixth Champions League trophy. Although the squad list includes 14 players only, they will do their best to delight Zamalek fans,” he said.
The 25-year-old made it clear that although he fully respects Mamelodi Sundowns, he loves to play final matches.
“Sundowns has a line of strong, fast forwards, and plays organised football. They can also build up attacks fluently starting from their defense; so they have to be respected. However, I love to play final matches,” he added.
The Egyptian International aims to win his sixth trophy with Zamalek.
“I have won five trophies with Zamalek in my five-year spell at the club, I aim to win my sixth trophy and this will be the Champions League trophy,” he continued.
Tawfik stressed out that the Whites are looking to respond strongly following the heavy defeat against Wydad Casablanca.
“Whenever big teams like Al Ahly and Zamalek incur a heavy loss, they must respond quickly and strongly. That’s what I’m trying to tell the players in the dressing room,” he said.
“The players, the coaching staff and the administrative board are all fully cooperating, as we hope to participate in the Club World Cup,” he concluded.