Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad beat Al Taawon
The first half lacked energy and action, except for a number of dangerous attacks by Al Ittihad. The attacks were superbly defended by Al Taawon, securing a 0-0 draw in the first half.
The second half was completely different. Al Ittihad managed to break the deadlock just eight minutes into the second half, as Kahraba managed to recover the ball before Al Taawon’s defender and sent an accurate through ball to Fahad Al-Muwallad who successfully converted it past the goalkeeper.
Just 10 minutes later, Al Taawon’s Sandro scored the equalizer from the penalty spot making it 1-1.
At the 74th minute, Fahad Al-Muwallad managed to double his tally, as he converted a penalty kick in the back of the net in style.
Just one minute before the final whistle, Kahraba scored his team’s third goal, as he placed the ball in the bottom right corner past Al Taawon’s goalkeeper.
Following the win, Al Ittihad remains on top of the ٍSaudi Pro League table with 13 points from five matches.
It is worth mentioning that Kahraba is the league’s top scorer with six goals in five matches.