Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad beat Al Taawon
The first half lacked energy and action, except for a number of dangerous attacks by Al Ittihad. The attacks were superbly defended by Al Taawon, securing a 0-0 draw in the first half.
The second half was completely different. Al Ittihad managed to break the deadlock just eight minutes into the second half, as Kahraba managed to recover the ball before Al Taawon’s defender and sent an accurate through ball to Fahad Al-Muwallad who successfully converted it past the goalkeeper.
Just 10 minutes later, Al Taawon’s Sandro scored the equalizer from the penalty spot making it 1-1.
At the 74th minute, Fahad Al-Muwallad managed to double his tally, as he converted a penalty kick in the back of the net in style.
Just one minute before the final whistle, Kahraba scored his team’s third goal, as he placed the ball in the bottom right corner past Al Taawon’s goalkeeper.
Following the win, Al Ittihad remains on top of the ٍSaudi Pro League table with 13 points from five matches.
It is worth mentioning that Kahraba is the league’s top scorer with six goals in five matches.