Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad beat Al Taawon
Egypt’s Mahmoud ‘Kahraba’ scores and assists as Al Ittihad beats Al Taawon 3-1 in the fifth fixture of the Saudi Pro League.
The first half lacked energy and action, except for a number of dangerous attacks by Al Ittihad. The attacks were superbly defended by Al Taawon, securing a 0-0 draw in the first half.
The second half was completely different. Al Ittihad managed to break the deadlock just eight minutes into the second half, as Kahraba managed to recover the ball before Al Taawon’s defender and sent an accurate through ball to Fahad Al-Muwallad who successfully converted it past the goalkeeper.
Just 10 minutes later, Al Taawon’s Sandro scored the equalizer from the penalty spot making it 1-1.
At the 74th minute, Fahad Al-Muwallad managed to double his tally, as he converted a penalty kick in the back of the net in style.
Just one minute before the final whistle, Kahraba scored his team’s third goal, as he placed the ball in the bottom right corner past Al Taawon’s goalkeeper.
Following the win, Al Ittihad remains on top of the ٍSaudi Pro League table with 13 points from five matches.
It is worth mentioning that Kahraba is the league’s top scorer with six goals in five matches.