Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Keagan Dolly: We have the advantage over Zamalek
Mamelodi Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly has talked to the press stating his belief that they’ve got the advantage over Zamalek.
Keagan Dolly feels that the fact that Sundowns managed to beat Zamalek twice in the group stages of the CAF Champions League may be in their advantage, but also realizes that the final is a different affair and is not going to be a walk in the park.
“It’s not going to be easy, it’s going to be difficult. I think we have a slight advantage over them after beating them twice, but we shouldn’t be going to the game thinking is going to be easy and we will win.
“We will have to work hard for it. But I think we are fully prepared and ready to fight. This will be good for us as a team and a country as a whole. It will be good to be part of making history.”
Sundowns are to face Zamalek after being defeated in the South African cup final against Bidvest Wits. Dolly commented on that and called for players to focus on the Zamalek match.
“The loss against Wits was a wake up call for us to really start focusing on Zamalek.
“We need to start off well, I mean from the word go, Wits showed that they wanted it more. I think we need to start concentrating from the first whistle and until the end of the game,” the South African midfielder added
“We need to start managing the game, when to go on the break and when to sit back.”
Sundowns have reached the final after beating Zesco in the semi-finals and are set to face Zamalek at home in the Lucas Moripe Stadium in South Africa on Saturday for the first leg of the CAF Champions League final.