Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
SAFA president Danny Jordaan wishes Sundowns well against Zamalek
The SAFA president Danny Jordaan has wished the South African team well after their incredible feat of reaching the CAF Champions League final after beating Zesco in the semi-finals of the tournament.
“You obviously stand on the eve of greatness for South African football. We wish you all the best on this incredible journey.
“Congratulations to the president, Mr Patrice Motsepe, the entire administration and technical staff of Sundowns,” said Jordaan.
The winner of the CAF Champions League will represent the African continent in the FIFA Club World Cup held in Tokyo in the period of 8-18 December.
“The draw for the FIFA Club World Cup has already been conducted and if Sundowns win the two legs against Zamalek, they will meet New Zealand’s Auckland City and next the champions of Japan in the FIFA Club World Cup.
“The second match would potentially pit Sundowns against Athletico Nacional of Colombia, assuming they win their opening games. If all goes well, Sundowns can then easily end up playing the winner of Club America (Mexico) and Real Madrid; a mouth-watering prospect.”
Sundowns are set to face Zamalek at home in the Lucas Moripe Stadium in South Africa on Saturday for the first leg of the CAF Champions League final. The second leg will be held in Alexandria on October 23.
If they manage to win, they will become the second South African team to win the competition after Orlando Pirates in 1995.