Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Elshorbagy and El Sherbini reach US Open Squash Finals
World’s number one Mohamed Elshorbagy beat England’s James Willstrop, in one of the Egyptian’s best defensive displays securing a 3-0 win, where he won the three sets 11-7, 11-5, 13-11.
It is worth mentioning that Willstrop eliminated Egypt’s Omar Mosaad in first round in Philadelphia, while Elshorbagy defeated Cesar Salazar 3-2 to reach the Semi-finals.
England’s three-time world champion Nick Matthew has defeated the world number four Karim Abdel Gawad 3-2 to face Elshorbagy in the finals.
Matthew who outclassed Ali Farag to reach the semi-finals, managed to beat Egypt’s Abdel Gawad in a competitive match that went all the way to a fifth game tie-break. It was Matthew who qualified to the finals at the end of the game as he won three sets, while the Egyptian won two only , 11-4, 7-11, 16-14, 3-11, 12-10, securing a 3-2 win.
In the women’s all Egyptian semi-final world number one Nour El Sherbini defeated Raneem El Welily 3-1 to book a place in the final and earn revenge for her defeat against El Welily in the final of last month’s Al Ahram Open.
El Welily who knocked out Nicol David to reach the semi-finals, coming back from one set down, after Nicol won the first one 11-8. However, El Sherbini won the next three sets 11-6, 11-8, 11-3, securing a 3-1 win.
France’s Camille Serme is set to face El Sherbini in the finals after defeating USA’s Amanda Sobhy 3-1. Serme won the first two sets 11-6, 11-9, however the American won the third set 12-10 before losing the final set 11-5.