Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Elneny remains on bench as Arsenal beat Swansea City
Egypt international Mohamed Elneny remained on the bench as his teammates grabbed their sixth Premier League win in a row, with rivals Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur dropping points.
Arsenal managed to play their own style of football, with Theo Walcott scoring a brace in the first half. Gylfi Sigurdsson, however, managed to reduce the deficit for Swansea before the break to keep their hopes alive.
Twelve minutes into the second half, the Gunners made it 3-1 after a fantastic assist from Sanchez and brilliant finish from Mesut Oezil. Swansea however closed the gap again through a goal by Borja Baston in the 66th minute.
Arsenal were reduced to 10 men with 20 minutes remaining after Granit Xhaka was sent off for tripping Modou Barrow, but the Gunners held on to seal a 3-2 win.
Arsenal are now level on 19 points with league leaders Manchester City, after the latter drew with Everton.