Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Elneny remains on bench as Arsenal beat Swansea City
Egypt international Mohamed Elneny remained on the bench as his teammates grabbed their sixth Premier League win in a row, with rivals Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur dropping points.
Arsenal managed to play their own style of football, with Theo Walcott scoring a brace in the first half. Gylfi Sigurdsson, however, managed to reduce the deficit for Swansea before the break to keep their hopes alive.
Twelve minutes into the second half, the Gunners made it 3-1 after a fantastic assist from Sanchez and brilliant finish from Mesut Oezil. Swansea however closed the gap again through a goal by Borja Baston in the 66th minute.
Arsenal were reduced to 10 men with 20 minutes remaining after Granit Xhaka was sent off for tripping Modou Barrow, but the Gunners held on to seal a 3-2 win.
Arsenal are now level on 19 points with league leaders Manchester City, after the latter drew with Everton.