The Confederation of African Football’s secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigned from...
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
Five Egyptians nominated for Glo-CAF African Player of the Year awards
There was no place for SC Braga hitman Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’, who qualified to the UEFA Europa League quarter finals, as well as winning the Portuguese Cup in a season where he recorded a personal-high record of 15 goals for his new club.
Meanwhile Zamalek trio, Ali Gabr, Ayman Hefny and Bassem Morsi were nominated for Glo-CAF Africa Player of the Year – Based in Africa – award.
Another surprise for this award as well as the was no place for Abdallah El-Said or Ramadan Sobhi who were both instrumental in Al Ahly’s road to winning the Egyptian Premier League.
Mohamed Elneny’s 2015/16 had an excellent season, as he managed to to win the Swiss League title as well as completing a move to English giants Arsenal during the January transfer window, where they finished second in the English Premier League with the Gunners.
Mohamed Salah finished in third position in the Serie A with AS Roma as well as being the team’s top scorer in all competitions last season after scoring 15 goals.
Meanwhile Zamalek’s trio won Egypt’s Cup as well as securing a CAF Champions League final birth.