Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp has confirmed that his Cameroonian defender Joël Matip will not be going...
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
Five Egyptians nominated for Glo-CAF African Player of the Year awards
Five Egyptians have been nominated for the 2016 GLO-CAF African Player of the Year awards for best Africa-based and foreign-based players.
There was no place for SC Braga hitman Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’, who qualified to the UEFA Europa League quarter finals, as well as winning the Portuguese Cup in a season where he recorded a personal-high record of 15 goals for his new club.
Another surprise for this award as well as the was no place for Abdallah El-Said or Ramadan Sobhi who were both instrumental in Al Ahly’s road to winning the Egyptian Premier League.
Mohamed Elneny’s 2015/16 had an excellent season, as he managed to to win the Swiss League title as well as completing a move to English giants Arsenal during the January transfer window, where they finished second in the English Premier League with the Gunners.
Mohamed Salah finished in third position in the Serie A with AS Roma as well as being the team’s top scorer in all competitions last season after scoring 15 goals.
Meanwhile Zamalek’s trio won Egypt’s Cup as well as securing a CAF Champions League final birth.