Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Five Egyptians nominated for Glo-CAF African Player of the Year awards
Five Egyptians have been nominated for the 2016 GLO-CAF African Player of the Year awards for best Africa-based and foreign-based players.
There was no place for SC Braga hitman Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’, who qualified to the UEFA Europa League quarter finals, as well as winning the Portuguese Cup in a season where he recorded a personal-high record of 15 goals for his new club.
Meanwhile Zamalek trio, Ali Gabr, Ayman Hefny and Bassem Morsi were nominated for Glo-CAF Africa Player of the Year – Based in Africa – award.
Another surprise for this award as well as the was no place for Abdallah El-Said or Ramadan Sobhi who were both instrumental in Al Ahly’s road to winning the Egyptian Premier League.
Mohamed Elneny’s 2015/16 had an excellent season, as he managed to to win the Swiss League title as well as completing a move to English giants Arsenal during the January transfer window, where they finished second in the English Premier League with the Gunners.
Mohamed Salah finished in third position in the Serie A with AS Roma as well as being the team’s top scorer in all competitions last season after scoring 15 goals.
Meanwhile Zamalek’s trio won Egypt’s Cup as well as securing a CAF Champions League final birth.