Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
Mortada Mansour: Some players don’t deserve to wear Zamalek shirt
Mansour stated: “Some players on the team don’t deserve to put on Zamalek’s shirt, I’m not going to say who they are, they know themselves very well.”
He added: “In general, we could manage to beat Sundowns 3-0. We beat Etoile du Sahel 3-0 last year and Wydad Casablanca 4-0 this year, so I’m confident that we will raise the trophy in Borg Elarab stadium.”
The president also emphasized on how the support of the fans will change the game.
“I want to fill the stadium to 70,000 fans, and anyone who will say only 20,000 or 30,000 is not allowed to attend the game, I won’t listen to them. The Sundowns fans affected Ahmed El-Shenawy’s performance and were responsible for his slip.”
On El-Shenawy’s performance, Mansour commented: “He’s still affected by not playing in Egypt encounter against Congo, but you need to work hard and get back to your normal performance.”
When asked if he’s sacking the current coaching staff, he replied: “No, it will not happen, the ex-Zamalek coaches used to escape after facing any losses or problems, but this is football, you win one day and you lose another. I will not comment on Momen Soliman’s lineup, this is not my job, although playing Moruf Yusuf as a left back was a very good decision as we were in control of the game in the beginning.”
“I have full confidence in Momen Soliman and I am sure he will work very hard to win the next game,” Mortada concluded.