Al Ahly forward Emad Meteb spoke about the prospects of renewing his...
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
Sam Morsy expresses disappointment with loss against Fulham
The Egyptian pulled off a Man-of-the-Match performance despite the loss; registering two assists to his name.
It was only natural for Morsy to be disappointed, as his team went from leading 1-0 to losing the game 4-2: “Yeah absolutely considering we took the lead twice, we just conceded sloppy goals. Their third goal was a freak of nature, just a total miss-hit and the cross has ended up going in at the near post,” Morsy said.
However, the 25-year-old midfielder urged his team to get past this loss and prepare for the next match on Tuesday: “They were poor goals conceded as a team, sometimes that happens in football but we just have to dust ourselves down. There is no time to feel sorry for ourselves as we need to go again on Tuesday,” he continued.
“I think we were unfortunate with the sending off as Scowy has been fouled twice, then he got pushed into a tackle which was 50/50 at the worst. With ten men it was always going to be tough from there.
“I’ve come here to play games. I enjoy playing with all the guys. Any team in the league, even the ones who end up winning the league could go five without a win so we will not worry about that,” Morsy concluded.