Zamalek will face Minuh Yaoundé on Thursday, in the quarter-finals of the...
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
Sam Morsy expresses disappointment with loss against Fulham
Man-of-the Match and Egypt international Sam Morsy reflected on his side’s defeat against Fulham on Saturday afternoon.
The Egyptian pulled off a Man-of-the-Match performance despite the loss; registering two assists to his name.
It was only natural for Morsy to be disappointed, as his team went from leading 1-0 to losing the game 4-2: “Yeah absolutely considering we took the lead twice, we just conceded sloppy goals. Their third goal was a freak of nature, just a total miss-hit and the cross has ended up going in at the near post,” Morsy said.
However, the 25-year-old midfielder urged his team to get past this loss and prepare for the next match on Tuesday: “They were poor goals conceded as a team, sometimes that happens in football but we just have to dust ourselves down. There is no time to feel sorry for ourselves as we need to go again on Tuesday,” he continued.
“I think we were unfortunate with the sending off as Scowy has been fouled twice, then he got pushed into a tackle which was 50/50 at the worst. With ten men it was always going to be tough from there.
“I’ve come here to play games. I enjoy playing with all the guys. Any team in the league, even the ones who end up winning the league could go five without a win so we will not worry about that,” Morsy concluded.