Smouha left back Patrick Malo has discussed his adaptation to life with the...
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
Sam Morsy expresses disappointment with loss against Fulham
Man-of-the Match and Egypt international Sam Morsy reflected on his side’s defeat against Fulham on Saturday afternoon.
The Egyptian pulled off a Man-of-the-Match performance despite the loss; registering two assists to his name.
It was only natural for Morsy to be disappointed, as his team went from leading 1-0 to losing the game 4-2: “Yeah absolutely considering we took the lead twice, we just conceded sloppy goals. Their third goal was a freak of nature, just a total miss-hit and the cross has ended up going in at the near post,” Morsy said.
However, the 25-year-old midfielder urged his team to get past this loss and prepare for the next match on Tuesday: “They were poor goals conceded as a team, sometimes that happens in football but we just have to dust ourselves down. There is no time to feel sorry for ourselves as we need to go again on Tuesday,” he continued.
“I think we were unfortunate with the sending off as Scowy has been fouled twice, then he got pushed into a tackle which was 50/50 at the worst. With ten men it was always going to be tough from there.
“I’ve come here to play games. I enjoy playing with all the guys. Any team in the league, even the ones who end up winning the league could go five without a win so we will not worry about that,” Morsy concluded.