AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Pitso Mosimane: We are copying Orlando Pirates
Sundowns coach, Mosimane expressed gratitude for the support his side has received in his comments after the Champions League final first leg win.
In his post match comments, Pitso Mosimane opted to talk about the support his side has received en route to the final.
“I want to say thank you to South Africa for supporting us.
“I saw Pirates, I saw Chiefs, the chairman of Orlando Pirates, he sent a very good message for us, those are the people who have been closer to us with no jealousy and everything,” Mosimane said to South African media.
Pitso Mosimane then added that his team was following the example set by Orlando Pirates. The Soweto side is the only South African team to win a CAF Champions League title; losing a second final
Mamelodi Sundowns, on the other hand, have lost a final and are aiming to win their second.
“I’m still saying, we are copying Orlando Pirates, they are the best team on the continent from South Africa at the moment, we are just behind them, and that’s it.”
READ: Momen Soliman: We need a miracle to win in Alexandria
On South African domestic football he said: “Domestic football, how many times are we going to win it? How many times are we going to win top eight? Let’s focus on the big fish, this is the big fish.”
Pitso Mosimane has won all possible trophies in South Africa and now eyes his first continental title.