Roma general manager Mauro Baldissoni spoke to Premium Sport about Mohamed Salah’s replacement...
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
Salah bags goal, assist in Roma’s 3-1 win at Napoli
What started as a very sloppy game from both sides was turned around two minutes before half-time when Edin Dzeko opened the scoring after a wonderful assist by Salah. Salah was able to dispossess Senegal International Kalidou Koulibaly outside of the 18-yard box and pass to Dzeko who slotted the ball home.
Nine minutes into the second half, Koulibaly fouled a Roma player. A wonderful delivery of the free-kick from Alessandro Florenzi led to Dzeko completing his brace and doubling his side’s lead at the Stadio San Paolo.
However, five minutes later Koulibaly tried to make amends for his mistake by scoring a header off a corner to reduce the deficit, making it 2-1.
Four minutes to full time, Salah secured the three points for the Giallorossi as he broke the offside trap to score his side’s third goal through a cross from Daniele De Rossi.
The result puts AS Roma in second place with 16 points from eight games, while Napoli drop to third place with 14 points. Roma return to the Europa League on Thursday against Austria Wien at home.