Egyptian International Mohamed Abdelshafy returned to Al Ahli’s lineup as they beat...
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
Salah bags goal, assist in Roma’s 3-1 win at Napoli
What started as a very sloppy game from both sides was turned around two minutes before half-time when Edin Dzeko opened the scoring after a wonderful assist by Salah. Salah was able to dispossess Senegal International Kalidou Koulibaly outside of the 18-yard box and pass to Dzeko who slotted the ball home.
Nine minutes into the second half, Koulibaly fouled a Roma player. A wonderful delivery of the free-kick from Alessandro Florenzi led to Dzeko completing his brace and doubling his side’s lead at the Stadio San Paolo.
However, five minutes later Koulibaly tried to make amends for his mistake by scoring a header off a corner to reduce the deficit, making it 2-1.
Four minutes to full time, Salah secured the three points for the Giallorossi as he broke the offside trap to score his side’s third goal through a cross from Daniele De Rossi.
The result puts AS Roma in second place with 16 points from eight games, while Napoli drop to third place with 14 points. Roma return to the Europa League on Thursday against Austria Wien at home.