Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Salah bags goal, assist in Roma’s 3-1 win at Napoli
What started as a very sloppy game from both sides was turned around two minutes before half-time when Edin Dzeko opened the scoring after a wonderful assist by Salah. Salah was able to dispossess Senegal International Kalidou Koulibaly outside of the 18-yard box and pass to Dzeko who slotted the ball home.
Nine minutes into the second half, Koulibaly fouled a Roma player. A wonderful delivery of the free-kick from Alessandro Florenzi led to Dzeko completing his brace and doubling his side’s lead at the Stadio San Paolo.
However, five minutes later Koulibaly tried to make amends for his mistake by scoring a header off a corner to reduce the deficit, making it 2-1.
Four minutes to full time, Salah secured the three points for the Giallorossi as he broke the offside trap to score his side’s third goal through a cross from Daniele De Rossi.
The result puts AS Roma in second place with 16 points from eight games, while Napoli drop to third place with 14 points. Roma return to the Europa League on Thursday against Austria Wien at home.