Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
Warda features as Panetolikos thrash lowly AOK
Amr Warda played 76 minutes of Panetolikos’ 4-0 drubbing of AOK Kerkyra on Saturday, in the fifth round of Greece Superleague matches.
Panetolikos came into the match on the back of two 0-0 draws in their previous two matches, against Panathinaikos and Platanias respectively.
After 180 consecutive goalless minutes in league play, Tomané finally found the back of the net – luckily for Panetolikos – after just five minutes.
Marcos Paulo doubled his side’s lead less than two minutes later, as his side threatened to run riot against opponents Kerkyra.
Paulo then sealed his brace in the 56th minute, to wrap up the victory for his side.
With the points safe, Amr Warda was taken off the field with less than 15 minutes to play, but that didn’t deter his teammates from rubbing salt into the hapless visitors wounds; Farley Rosa scored the fourth and final goal of the match in the 82nd minute, to put the finishing touches on a lovely outing for Panetolikos.
The Agrinio-based outfit have now kept four consecutive clean sheets in the league, last conceding in a 2-1 defeat away to PAOK Thessaloniki on September 11, and will travel to Levadiakos next weekend as they aim to preserve their unbeaten run.