Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Warda features as Panetolikos thrash lowly AOK
Amr Warda played 76 minutes of Panetolikos’ 4-0 drubbing of AOK Kerkyra on Saturday, in the fifth round of Greece Superleague matches.
Panetolikos came into the match on the back of two 0-0 draws in their previous two matches, against Panathinaikos and Platanias respectively.
After 180 consecutive goalless minutes in league play, Tomané finally found the back of the net – luckily for Panetolikos – after just five minutes.
Marcos Paulo doubled his side’s lead less than two minutes later, as his side threatened to run riot against opponents Kerkyra.
Paulo then sealed his brace in the 56th minute, to wrap up the victory for his side.
With the points safe, Amr Warda was taken off the field with less than 15 minutes to play, but that didn’t deter his teammates from rubbing salt into the hapless visitors wounds; Farley Rosa scored the fourth and final goal of the match in the 82nd minute, to put the finishing touches on a lovely outing for Panetolikos.
The Agrinio-based outfit have now kept four consecutive clean sheets in the league, last conceding in a 2-1 defeat away to PAOK Thessaloniki on September 11, and will travel to Levadiakos next weekend as they aim to preserve their unbeaten run.