Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Warda features as Panetolikos thrash lowly AOK
Amr Warda played 76 minutes of Panetolikos’ 4-0 drubbing of AOK Kerkyra on Saturday, in the fifth round of Greece Superleague matches.
Panetolikos came into the match on the back of two 0-0 draws in their previous two matches, against Panathinaikos and Platanias respectively.
After 180 consecutive goalless minutes in league play, Tomané finally found the back of the net – luckily for Panetolikos – after just five minutes.
Marcos Paulo doubled his side’s lead less than two minutes later, as his side threatened to run riot against opponents Kerkyra.
Paulo then sealed his brace in the 56th minute, to wrap up the victory for his side.
With the points safe, Amr Warda was taken off the field with less than 15 minutes to play, but that didn’t deter his teammates from rubbing salt into the hapless visitors wounds; Farley Rosa scored the fourth and final goal of the match in the 82nd minute, to put the finishing touches on a lovely outing for Panetolikos.
The Agrinio-based outfit have now kept four consecutive clean sheets in the league, last conceding in a 2-1 defeat away to PAOK Thessaloniki on September 11, and will travel to Levadiakos next weekend as they aim to preserve their unbeaten run.