The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Soliman: I admire Mosimane
Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane told Zamalek’s coach, Momen Soliman, not to resign after his team lost in the first leg of the African Champions League final.
“I had no time to implement my philosophy in the field, I had two months with the players and only gave them 20 session. Time was my enemy,” Soliman explained.
Regardless, Mosimane said that Soliman should not resign after reports started circulating that Soliman will resign because of the Champions League loss. Soliman however said that the reports about his resignation were exaggerated by the Egyptian media from previous comments he made.
“He is a very good coach. I spoke to him about the resignation. I understand maybe he was playing a mental game when he said he would resign if he loses the game,” Mosimane said.
“If it’s mental, it’s OK, he pulled a good cut. If he means it, I think he is still young, Zamalek is big team,” Mosimane added that he should never resign while being emotional.
He also said that Zamalek still has enough time to fight for winning the second leg and the championship.