Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
Pitso Mosimane urges Sundowns to remain cautious
Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane has tried to pull the breaks on his side’s celebrations, even after such a commanding result.
After an emphatic 3-0 win over Zamalek in the first leg in South Africa, the Sundowns have the tie under control.
However, manager Pitso Mosimane remains cautious of his opponents: “Zamalek scored four against Wydad in Alexandria [in the semi-final]. If we don’t think they can score four against us then we’ll be fooling ourselves.
“We need to keep our feet on the ground,” he claimed.
This does not mean that Mosimane wants to completely halt the celebrations: “They haven’t seen this, it’s unbelievable, they haven’t seen yellow like this [a full stadium] and so we must enjoy it,” Mosimane enthused.
Whilst trying to remain cautious off the pitch, the Sundowns coach has stated that the side will be anything but cautious on the pitch.
“We will play the same way we played them in Egypt … we’ve got the specimen which they can’t deal with,” he continued.
This comes after the Sundowns coach declared they would follow in the Orlando Pirates footsteps, being the only South African team to win the CAF Champions League. The 2016 CAF Final looks like it will be the Sundowns first ever Champions League.
The second leg will be played at Borg El-Arab Stadium in Alexandria, in a week’s time.