Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Sundowns goalscorer Laffor: We need to be humble
Photo: Mamelodi Sundowns FC
Mamelodi Sundowns forward Anthony Laffor has called for caution after his side’s emphatic win over Zamalek in the first leg of the CAF Champions League final.
Mamelodi Sundowns eased past Zamalek in the first leg of the 2016 CAF Champions League final, with Laffor opening the scoring in the 31st minute.
“We told ourselves before we got to this stage we needed to score more goals,” Laffor enthused after the match.
The Liberian international has urged his side “to be humble” in order to finish off the tie in their favour.
“We are in a good position, we don’t need to be greedy,” he continued.
“We thank the millions that supported us today, not only the guys who came to the stadium but people at home and all the people in yellow today who supported the team,” Laffor concluded.
The second leg of the final will be played on Sunday, October 23 in Alexandria.