Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his performance...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
Onyango puts Sundowns ahead of individual success
The 29-year old keeper has made it clear that he is more focused on winning the CAF Champions League than his Player of the Year nomination. Although admitting that he is honored to be nominated for such prestigious award, he is more adamant on helping his team get through the second leg of the Champions League final, after a 3-0 win in the first leg.
Onyango said,”Honestly, it is a great honour to be nominated by CAF, but to us it means nothing if we don’t win the CAF Champions League.”
“Our main target and goal is to win the Champions League, and we will look at the nominations afterwards,” the goalkeeper continued.
Sundowns are now leading 3-0 on aggregate after defeating Zamalek in the first leg in South Africa, with the second leg to be played on the 23rd of October in Egypt.