Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Onyango puts Sundowns ahead of individual success
The 29-year old keeper has made it clear that he is more focused on winning the CAF Champions League than his Player of the Year nomination. Although admitting that he is honored to be nominated for such prestigious award, he is more adamant on helping his team get through the second leg of the Champions League final, after a 3-0 win in the first leg.
Onyango said,”Honestly, it is a great honour to be nominated by CAF, but to us it means nothing if we don’t win the CAF Champions League.”
“Our main target and goal is to win the Champions League, and we will look at the nominations afterwards,” the goalkeeper continued.