Smouha left back Patrick Malo has discussed his adaptation to life with the...
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
The Scout: Austrian gem up for grabs
The latest episode of The Scout sees host Waseem Ahmed look at yet another young Pharaoh Abroad overlooked by the national youth setup.
Born in 1998, Mohamed Bassiouny moved to Austria at a very young age with his parents, and has risen through the ranks in Austrian youth football to secure a spot in Austria Vienna’s B team.
However, the Egyptian youth setup decided against including Bassiouny in their plans, just months before the U20 national team failed to qualify for the Africa Cup of Nations.
As expected, the youngster was then called up to represent Austria at the youth level, but his heart lies with the Egyptian national team.
Will the Egyptian Football Association come to its senses? Or will yet another precocious talent slip away?
Hossam Hassan features in this week’s ‘Blast from the Past’ segment, specifically his historic four-goal salvo against Scottish giants Celtic in the UEFA Cup in 1991, while playing for Neuchâtel Xamax.