Al Ahly coach Hossam El-Badry gave a hint regarding the team’s next...
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
The Scout: Austrian gem up for grabs
The latest episode of The Scout sees host Waseem Ahmed look at yet another young Pharaoh Abroad overlooked by the national youth setup.
Born in 1998, Mohamed Bassiouny moved to Austria at a very young age with his parents, and has risen through the ranks in Austrian youth football to secure a spot in Austria Vienna’s B team.
However, the Egyptian youth setup decided against including Bassiouny in their plans, just months before the U20 national team failed to qualify for the Africa Cup of Nations.
As expected, the youngster was then called up to represent Austria at the youth level, but his heart lies with the Egyptian national team.
Will the Egyptian Football Association come to its senses? Or will yet another precocious talent slip away?
Hossam Hassan features in this week’s ‘Blast from the Past’ segment, specifically his historic four-goal salvo against Scottish giants Celtic in the UEFA Cup in 1991, while playing for Neuchâtel Xamax.