KingFut covers the live action as Egypt take on Uganda in the...
- LIVE: Egypt vs Uganda – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
The Scout: Austrian gem up for grabs
The latest episode of The Scout sees host Waseem Ahmed look at yet another young Pharaoh Abroad overlooked by the national youth setup.
Born in 1998, Mohamed Bassiouny moved to Austria at a very young age with his parents, and has risen through the ranks in Austrian youth football to secure a spot in Austria Vienna’s B team.
However, the Egyptian youth setup decided against including Bassiouny in their plans, just months before the U20 national team failed to qualify for the Africa Cup of Nations.
As expected, the youngster was then called up to represent Austria at the youth level, but his heart lies with the Egyptian national team.
Will the Egyptian Football Association come to its senses? Or will yet another precocious talent slip away?
Hossam Hassan features in this week’s ‘Blast from the Past’ segment, specifically his historic four-goal salvo against Scottish giants Celtic in the UEFA Cup in 1991, while playing for Neuchâtel Xamax.