Al Ahly handball team managed to qualify for Egypt Cup semi-finals after...
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
The Scout: Austrian gem up for grabs
The latest episode of The Scout sees host Waseem Ahmed look at yet another young Pharaoh Abroad overlooked by the national youth setup.
Born in 1998, Mohamed Bassiouny moved to Austria at a very young age with his parents, and has risen through the ranks in Austrian youth football to secure a spot in Austria Vienna’s B team.
However, the Egyptian youth setup decided against including Bassiouny in their plans, just months before the U20 national team failed to qualify for the Africa Cup of Nations.
As expected, the youngster was then called up to represent Austria at the youth level, but his heart lies with the Egyptian national team.
Will the Egyptian Football Association come to its senses? Or will yet another precocious talent slip away?
Hossam Hassan features in this week’s ‘Blast from the Past’ segment, specifically his historic four-goal salvo against Scottish giants Celtic in the UEFA Cup in 1991, while playing for Neuchâtel Xamax.