Zamalek will face Minuh Yaoundé on Thursday, in the quarter-finals of the...
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
The Scout: Austrian gem up for grabs
The latest episode of The Scout sees host Waseem Ahmed look at yet another young Pharaoh Abroad overlooked by the national youth setup.
Born in 1998, Mohamed Bassiouny moved to Austria at a very young age with his parents, and has risen through the ranks in Austrian youth football to secure a spot in Austria Vienna’s B team.
However, the Egyptian youth setup decided against including Bassiouny in their plans, just months before the U20 national team failed to qualify for the Africa Cup of Nations.
As expected, the youngster was then called up to represent Austria at the youth level, but his heart lies with the Egyptian national team.
Will the Egyptian Football Association come to its senses? Or will yet another precocious talent slip away?
Hossam Hassan features in this week’s ‘Blast from the Past’ segment, specifically his historic four-goal salvo against Scottish giants Celtic in the UEFA Cup in 1991, while playing for Neuchâtel Xamax.