KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Trezeguet explains ‘confidence’ behind wonder goal for Mouscron
Trezeguet has been a key asset for Royal Excel Mouscron since joining on loan from Belgian giants Anderlecht. Against Eupen, his desire to do too much had played tricks on him and instead of bringing danger offensively, the Egyptian had often lost the ball. However, that did not stop him from assisting Stojanovic, resulting in the second goal of the game.
“When I’m on the pitch, I always want to give 100%,” justified Trezeguet. “In Eupen, that’s what I wanted to do: deliver the ball to my teammates and give my all for the good of the team.”
Mouscron knows that the 22-year-old’s offensive tactics may be a little too much, but they are not complaining. On Saturday, after one minute and thirty seconds of the game, the Egyptian could have given the ball to a teammate, but he preferred to engage in a large raid from the midfield, that resulted in the match’s opening goal.
“I saw the space and I thought that I could go score. That’s what I did, I immediately gained confidence in myself,” said Trezeguet.
The midfielder revealed that Mouscron is a family club, as the coach is always there for his players. “We’re still getting to know each other, and I am convinced that we will start making better results in the coming weeks. ”
Trezeguet brings an asset to Mouscron: his confidence. Where some players could lose hope, the Egyptian will always try to look up. “I come from a club in Egypt, where even a draw is regarded as a defeat.”
Trezeguet, who is on loan from Anderlecht, wants to spend the entire season with Mouscron.