Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Trezeguet explains ‘confidence’ behind wonder goal for Mouscron
Trezeguet has been a key asset for Royal Excel Mouscron since joining on loan from Belgian giants Anderlecht. Against Eupen, his desire to do too much had played tricks on him and instead of bringing danger offensively, the Egyptian had often lost the ball. However, that did not stop him from assisting Stojanovic, resulting in the second goal of the game.
“When I’m on the pitch, I always want to give 100%,” justified Trezeguet. “In Eupen, that’s what I wanted to do: deliver the ball to my teammates and give my all for the good of the team.”
Mouscron knows that the 22-year-old’s offensive tactics may be a little too much, but they are not complaining. On Saturday, after one minute and thirty seconds of the game, the Egyptian could have given the ball to a teammate, but he preferred to engage in a large raid from the midfield, that resulted in the match’s opening goal.
“I saw the space and I thought that I could go score. That’s what I did, I immediately gained confidence in myself,” said Trezeguet.
The midfielder revealed that Mouscron is a family club, as the coach is always there for his players. “We’re still getting to know each other, and I am convinced that we will start making better results in the coming weeks. ”
Trezeguet brings an asset to Mouscron: his confidence. Where some players could lose hope, the Egyptian will always try to look up. “I come from a club in Egypt, where even a draw is regarded as a defeat.”
Trezeguet, who is on loan from Anderlecht, wants to spend the entire season with Mouscron.