After losing the Champions League final on aggregate to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s...
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
CAF announce dates of 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
The CAF released the schedule and venues of the tournament’s fixtures held between Jan. 14 and Feb. 5 following a draw that took place in the Gabonese capital Libreville.
The groups’ draw of the tournament is going to take place on Wednesday with Egypt being placed in pot three.
The tournament will kick off on Jan. 14, with two fixtures set to be played on the opening day – the first two matches of Group A. The games will take place at the Stade de l’Amitie at 18:00 and 21:00 CLT.
According to the draw, Group A, headed by hosts Gabon, will be based in Libreville, while Group B games will be held in Franceville.
Title-holders Ivory Coast as well as the rest of Group C will play their games at Oyem, while Port Gentil will host the teams in Group D.
The group stage will end on Jan. 25 as the two final games of Group D are going to be played at 21:00 CLT.
The quarter-finals will take place over two days starting Jan. 28 with two games being played each day at 18:00 and 21:00 CLT.
The first semi-final will be played on Feb. 1, while the second will be held the next day. Both games will commence at 21:00 CLT.
The third-place game will be held on Feb. 4 at Stade de Port-Gentil at 21:00 CLT, 24 hours before the final takes place at Stade de L’Amitie.