Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Mortada: Soliman will remain with Zamalek even if he loses Champions League
While speaking to Sada El Balad satellite channel on Monday, Mansour reiterated that Soliman’s future at the club isn’t linked with winning the African title.
“Momen Soliman is staying with the team until the end of the season,” Mansour said.
Ahead of the away leg, the 42-year-old coach said he’d resign in case his side failed to clinch the title. Soliman has a tough challenge ahead after Zamalek suffered a disappointing 3-0 loss in the first leg.
“The Champions league can be won with penalties or lost in the same manner,” Mansour added, confirming that the Zamalek coach won’t leave his position if he lost the Champions League.
“We signed Momen and will give him a full chance as a young Egyptian coach. We always give the chance to youth,” Mansour concluded.
Zamalek will play the return leg against Mamelodi Sundowns at Borg El-Arab Stadium on Sunday, Oct. 23.