Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
EXCLUSIVE | Mosimane: I expected we would beat Zamalek
Masandawana boss Pitso Mosimane has revealed his shock about his team’s battering of Zamalek a few days ago in Pretoria.
Goals from Anthony Laffor, Langerman & Islam Gaman own goal meant the White Castle will have a hill to climb in Alexandria if they want to win this encounter.
“I did not expect Zamalek to lose 3-0, no way,” Mosimane told KingFut.
“Don’t me wrong, I expected my team to win. Maybe score one or two goals but I also expected Zamalek to score, I did not expect to win this way.”
When asked what he thinks were the strengths and weaknesses of Zamalek, the former Bafana Bafana boss was political in his answer.
“Speaking about weaknesses is never polite, I will only speak about their strengths.
“It is easy to talk, they have such a great history that I had to Google them!”
“It’s a big team in history created in 1911, they won the title much more times than us, they spent more than us, they have more experience in football.
“Look at the kind of coaches they employ, big names. They had coaches with much history than me,” Mosimane hinted at the previous coaches to win the team the Champions League with Zamalek, Roberto Cabral and Mahmoud El-Gohary.
Meanwhile, Mosimane confirmed that Colombian striker Castro is still unavailable through injury and will miss the second leg, meaning Anthony Laffor keeps his place in the side.
Zamalek president Mortada Mansour has asked for the attendance of 100,000 fans in Borg El-Arab Stadium. Zamalek smashed Wydad Athletic Club during their presence and were just one goal away from a miraculous comeback against Etoile du Sahel in last season’s CAF Confederation Cup but Mosimane is not phased by fans’ attendance.
“I’m not worried, we played against AS Vita Club in Kinshasa, TP Mazembe in Lubumbashi,” Mosimane concluded.