An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
2017 AFCON Draw: Egypt drawn alongside Ghana again
The Pharaohs will be participating in the continental tournament for the first time in seven years after finishing ahead of Nigeria and Tanzania in the qualifying group.
Egypt were drawn against Ghana and Uganda – both teams are also alongside Hector Cuper’s men in Group E of 2018 World Cup qualifying – as well as Mali.
Algeria and Tunisia will clash in a North African contest in Group B, and Morocco will be facing defending champions Côte d’Ivoire in Group C.
A1: Gabon (hosts)
A2: Burkina Faso
Venue: Stade L’Amitié (40,000)
Venue: Stade de Franceville (22,000)
C1: Côte d’Ivoire (holders)
C2: DR Congo
Venue: Stade d’Oyem (20,000)
City: Port Gentil
Venue: Stade de Port-Gentil (20,000)
Gabon are set to kick off the tournament against debutants Guinea-Bissau on Saturday, January 14.