Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary has issued an apology to everyone at...
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla now or at the end of this season
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
2017 AFCON Draw: Egypt drawn alongside Ghana again
The Pharaohs will be participating in the continental tournament for the first time in seven years after finishing ahead of Nigeria and Tanzania in the qualifying group.
Egypt were drawn against Ghana and Uganda – both teams are also alongside Hector Cuper’s men in Group E of 2018 World Cup qualifying – as well as Mali.
Algeria and Tunisia will clash in a North African contest in Group B, and Morocco will be facing defending champions Côte d’Ivoire in Group C.
A1: Gabon (hosts)
A2: Burkina Faso
Venue: Stade L’Amitié (40,000)
Venue: Stade de Franceville (22,000)
C1: Côte d’Ivoire (holders)
C2: DR Congo
Venue: Stade d’Oyem (20,000)
City: Port Gentil
Venue: Stade de Port-Gentil (20,000)
Gabon are set to kick off the tournament against debutants Guinea-Bissau on Saturday, January 14.