After more than three years of absence, the Arab Champions League is...
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
2017 AFCON Draw: Egypt drawn alongside Ghana again
The Pharaohs will be participating in the continental tournament for the first time in seven years after finishing ahead of Nigeria and Tanzania in the qualifying group.
Egypt were drawn against Ghana and Uganda – both teams are also alongside Hector Cuper’s men in Group E of 2018 World Cup qualifying – as well as Mali.
Algeria and Tunisia will clash in a North African contest in Group B, and Morocco will be facing defending champions Côte d’Ivoire in Group C.
A1: Gabon (hosts)
A2: Burkina Faso
Venue: Stade L’Amitié (40,000)
Venue: Stade de Franceville (22,000)
C1: Côte d’Ivoire (holders)
C2: DR Congo
Venue: Stade d’Oyem (20,000)
City: Port Gentil
Venue: Stade de Port-Gentil (20,000)
Gabon are set to kick off the tournament against debutants Guinea-Bissau on Saturday, January 14.