Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
Hazem Emam gives Zamalek advice ahead of Sundowns clash
Ahead of the return leg in Alexandria, pundit Khaled El-Ghandour asked ex-Zamalek and Udinese player the question that has been on everyone’s minds: “Can Zamalek do it?”
“Just like you conceded three goals in 90 minutes you can also score those three or four goals in 90 minutes. Everything is possible,” Emam began.
“We cannot talk about what happened, but about what will happen. What’s coming is about the players, no one else. The players who will play the game, it’s their work,” he stressed.
“The players should not be afraid of the fans. On the contrary, I expect the fans to be standing behind them supporting them during the game and after the game if they see the players playing like men and with heart,” Emam exclaimed.
“Remember last year in the Confederation Cup, the Étoile Sportive du Sahel match. After the game, I wrote about it thanking the players because they played with heart even though we didn’t reach the finals.
“The fans felt that the players were not playing with spirit last game. If the players play with spirit with the talent that they have, you win 6,4,2, or 1, the fans will be happy. Play with spirit and do your part and God will give to you accordingly,” he continued.
El-Ghandour then asked Emam about his opinion on the optimal starting 11 for the return leg, and the latter replied, “We must play 4-3-2-1 in the beginning of the game to control the game. The 2 who play on the wings cannot play the same way.
“Or we can play 4-3-1-2 with Bassem and Stanley as the two strikers. One of Sundowns’ center backs is suspended so they will play with a substitute. We must use that to our advantage.
“We should play like we did against Ahly [in the cup final]. We defended the entire game, but counterattacked well to score once for Bassem and the other for Mostafa. Spirit and heart. That is all it will take,” Emam concluded.