Egypt have been seeded in pot 3 for the 2017 Africa U-20...
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
Hazem Emam gives Zamalek advice ahead of Sundowns clash
Ahead of the return leg in Alexandria, pundit Khaled El-Ghandour asked ex-Zamalek and Udinese player the question that has been on everyone’s minds: “Can Zamalek do it?”
“Just like you conceded three goals in 90 minutes you can also score those three or four goals in 90 minutes. Everything is possible,” Emam began.
“We cannot talk about what happened, but about what will happen. What’s coming is about the players, no one else. The players who will play the game, it’s their work,” he stressed.
“The players should not be afraid of the fans. On the contrary, I expect the fans to be standing behind them supporting them during the game and after the game if they see the players playing like men and with heart,” Emam exclaimed.
“Remember last year in the Confederation Cup, the Étoile Sportive du Sahel match. After the game, I wrote about it thanking the players because they played with heart even though we didn’t reach the finals.
“The fans felt that the players were not playing with spirit last game. If the players play with spirit with the talent that they have, you win 6,4,2, or 1, the fans will be happy. Play with spirit and do your part and God will give to you accordingly,” he continued.
El-Ghandour then asked Emam about his opinion on the optimal starting 11 for the return leg, and the latter replied, “We must play 4-3-2-1 in the beginning of the game to control the game. The 2 who play on the wings cannot play the same way.
“Or we can play 4-3-1-2 with Bassem and Stanley as the two strikers. One of Sundowns’ center backs is suspended so they will play with a substitute. We must use that to our advantage.
“We should play like we did against Ahly [in the cup final]. We defended the entire game, but counterattacked well to score once for Bassem and the other for Mostafa. Spirit and heart. That is all it will take,” Emam concluded.