Mali coach Alain Giresse officially confirmed that Soumbeyla Diakite and attacker Adama Traoré...
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and attacker Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
Zamalek chairman blames magic and sorcery for Sundowns loss
Zamalek fell short against the South African side in a 0-3 away defeat, what made their mission in the return leg complicated as they need to overcome the three goals advantage The Brazilians have.
“I want to tell everybody to not make fun of our claims that there was something suspicious in Islam Gamal’s own goal [for Sundowns],” Mansour said in a press conference.
“It is abnormal that Islam Gamal scores an own goal in the same way Ali Gabr scored with before with the same foot and in the same net. It is not necessary that it is Sundowns who have used magic, look for the former Zamalek players who were expelled from the club. I am speaking about someone who knows himself well,” he added.
Zamalek are set to face Sundowns in the return leg on Sunday, October 23 at Borg El-Arab stadium hoping to pull off a big victory to recover their first leg upset.