Al Ahly football director and former player Sayed Abdel-Hafiz spoke about his...
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
Zamalek chairman blames magic and sorcery for Sundowns loss
Zamalek fell short against the South African side in a 0-3 away defeat, what made their mission in the return leg complicated as they need to overcome the three goals advantage The Brazilians have.
“I want to tell everybody to not make fun of our claims that there was something suspicious in Islam Gamal’s own goal [for Sundowns],” Mansour said in a press conference.
“It is abnormal that Islam Gamal scores an own goal in the same way Ali Gabr scored with before with the same foot and in the same net. It is not necessary that it is Sundowns who have used magic, look for the former Zamalek players who were expelled from the club. I am speaking about someone who knows himself well,” he added.
Zamalek are set to face Sundowns in the return leg on Sunday, October 23 at Borg El-Arab stadium hoping to pull off a big victory to recover their first leg upset.