The Malian sports minister cancelled the dissolution of the Malian football association, just...
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
Aly Ghazal impresses as Nacional hold Sporting in Madeira
Egypt international Aly Ghazal impressed on Friday night, as Nacional held title challengers Sporting CP to a 0-0 draw at the Estadio da Madeira.
Sporting came into the match having won their last four league encounters with Aly Ghazal’s Nacional, scoring eight times and not conceding once during that run.
The match was a drab affair, with Sporting holding the lion’s share of possession (71%), but failing to make their dominance count.
Ghazal made three interceptions throughout the 90 minutes, which was joint-highest among players from both teams.
The draw sees Nacional’s goalless streak against their Lisbon opponents continue, and the Madeira outfit could drop as low as second-bottom or remain in 14th place, depending on the other results this weekend.