Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
Aly Ghazal impresses as Nacional hold Sporting in Madeira
Egypt international Aly Ghazal impressed on Friday night, as Nacional held title challengers Sporting CP to a 0-0 draw at the Estadio da Madeira.
Sporting came into the match having won their last four league encounters with Aly Ghazal’s Nacional, scoring eight times and not conceding once during that run.
The match was a drab affair, with Sporting holding the lion’s share of possession (71%), but failing to make their dominance count.
Ghazal made three interceptions throughout the 90 minutes, which was joint-highest among players from both teams.
The draw sees Nacional’s goalless streak against their Lisbon opponents continue, and the Madeira outfit could drop as low as second-bottom or remain in 14th place, depending on the other results this weekend.