Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Aly Ghazal features in Nacional’s loss to Vitoria de Guimaraes
Aly Ghazal played just over an hour on Friday evening, as Nacional fell to a 2-1 loss away to Vitoria de Guimaraes in the tenth round of fixtures of the Portguese Primeira Liga.
Nacional displayed admirable effort in their 0-0 draw with title contenders Sporting CP last weekend, and were looking to build on what was a promising performance.
Friday’s opponents, Vitoria de Guimaraes, came into the match on the back of a three-match winning streak in all competitions, and were strong favorites to defeat Nacional at the Estádio D. Afonso Henriques.
Things did not appear to going to plan for the hosts, especially when Moussa Marega received a straight red in the 25th minute.
Nacional’s good fortune continued after the break, and Algerian Okacha Hamzaoui opened the scoring in the 49th minute.
Aly Ghazal was withdrawn two minutes after the hour-mark, as centre-back Tobias Figueiredo was brought on to tighten up at the back for Nacional.
Nevertheless, Vitoria’s strong form showed in the final quarter of the match; Tiquinho levelled the scores in the 75th minute, before converting a last-minute penalty to condemn the heartbroken Nacional to their sixth loss this season
This result could see Nacional drop into last place in the standings, depending on the other results this weekend.