Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
Aly Ghazal features in Nacional defeat in Taca de Portugal
The two teams played cautiously in the first half, avoiding any risks that would cost much; however, the first threat came when Nacional’s Salvador Agra’s ball hit the post to maintain a goalless first half in the game.
On the other hand, the second half started differently, as both teams were eager to score first. Torreense were dominant in the game and created the best chances, until they were awarded a penalty and Nacional were narrowed to nine players after Nuno Sequeira and Victor Garcia were sent off.
However, Peter Boniface failed to find the net and missed the penalty, keeping the score tied until the 91st minute, when the same player compensated for the missed penalty, scoring a fantastic goal and sending his team to the next round.