Al Ahly football director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced that a media ban will...
- Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
Aly Ghazal features in Nacional defeat in Taca de Portugal
Egypt’s Aly Ghazal played the full 90 minutes as Nacional Madeira were knocked out from the Taca de Portugal, after losing 1-0 to Torreense in the round of 16.
The two teams played cautiously in the first half, avoiding any risks that would cost much; however, the first threat came when Nacional’s Salvador Agra’s ball hit the post to maintain a goalless first half in the game.
On the other hand, the second half started differently, as both teams were eager to score first. Torreense were dominant in the game and created the best chances, until they were awarded a penalty and Nacional were narrowed to nine players after Nuno Sequeira and Victor Garcia were sent off.
However, Peter Boniface failed to find the net and missed the penalty, keeping the score tied until the 91st minute, when the same player compensated for the missed penalty, scoring a fantastic goal and sending his team to the next round.