AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Mokhtar Mokhtar resigns as Ittihad of Alexandria manager
Ittihad have made a promising start to their season after achieving four wins out of four games in the domestic competition. However, the Alexandria-based side’s performance has seen a big decline recently, having won only one game in their last five.
Mokhtar announced that he is leaving his post as Ittihad of Alexandria coach on air, admitting that he has to be held part of the blame for the team’s recent displays.
“This is my last game with Ittihad of Alexandria,” Mokhtar told ON Sport channel.
“Certainly I haven’t done my job in a perfect manner, when the team shows up in this way and lose I have to be held the responsibility,” he added.
Ittihad of Alexandria are currently sitting in the sixth place with 16 points in the league table.