Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
Mokhtar Mokhtar resigns as Ittihad of Alexandria manager
Ittihad have made a promising start to their season after achieving four wins out of four games in the domestic competition. However, the Alexandria-based side’s performance has seen a big decline recently, having won only one game in their last five.
Mokhtar announced that he is leaving his post as Ittihad of Alexandria coach on air, admitting that he has to be held part of the blame for the team’s recent displays.
“This is my last game with Ittihad of Alexandria,” Mokhtar told ON Sport channel.
“Certainly I haven’t done my job in a perfect manner, when the team shows up in this way and lose I have to be held the responsibility,” he added.
Ittihad of Alexandria are currently sitting in the sixth place with 16 points in the league table.