Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
Ghazal scores own goal as Nacional loses to Estoril
The 24-year-old opened the scoresheet for the visitors in the 9th minute after an unlucky attempt to clear a cross, after which the ball deflected and found his own net.
The Nacionalistas were keen on finding the equalizer and they almost did through Salvador Agra in the 24th minute after a powerful shot from outside the box, but was cleared on the line by the defender.
In the second half, the home side increased their possession to find their way to the net. In the 46th minute, Algeria’s wonder kid Okacha Hamzaoui drilled his way through the defenders and shot the ball from a wonderful cross but it was saved by the goalkeeper.
Nacional’s substitute Witi Quembo almost scored the equalizer in the 79th minute after a powerful shot form outside the box; however, it was spectacularly saved by Estoril’s goalkeeper.
The loss places Nacional in the 17th position with 8 points after 11 matches. The Nacionalistas will face Moreirense in their upcoming clash next week in the Primeira Liga.