In episode two of the revamped KingFut podcast, host Ahmed Assem...
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
Ghazal scores own goal as Nacional loses to Estoril
Egypt’s Aly Ghazal featured for 68 minutes and scored an own goal as Nacional suffered a 1-0 defeat against Estoril in the Primeira Liga.
The 24-year-old opened the scoresheet for the visitors in the 9th minute after an unlucky attempt to clear a cross, after which the ball deflected and found his own net.
The Nacionalistas were keen on finding the equalizer and they almost did through Salvador Agra in the 24th minute after a powerful shot from outside the box, but was cleared on the line by the defender.
In the second half, the home side increased their possession to find their way to the net. In the 46th minute, Algeria’s wonder kid Okacha Hamzaoui drilled his way through the defenders and shot the ball from a wonderful cross but it was saved by the goalkeeper.
Nacional’s substitute Witi Quembo almost scored the equalizer in the 79th minute after a powerful shot form outside the box; however, it was spectacularly saved by Estoril’s goalkeeper.
The loss places Nacional in the 17th position with 8 points after 11 matches. The Nacionalistas will face Moreirense in their upcoming clash next week in the Primeira Liga.