Enugu Rangers chief executive Christian Chukwu admitted they respect their CAF Champions...
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- Essam El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
Basketball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
After struggling at the start of the game, hosts Al Ahly managed to close the first quarter with a narrow 14-13 lead.
The hosts led by as many as nine points during the second period before the Angolan side managed to cut the deficit to two points as first half ended 33-31 for Al Ahly.
The Red Devils continued their strong performance and were leading by seven points during most of the third quarter, but the Angolans fought back and reduced the deficit as the Egyptian side entered the last quarter with a 54-50 lead.
Recreativo do Libolo then made a surprise comeback during the fourth quarter and managed a two-point lead but the hosts regrouped on time to secure the title with a 68-66 victory.
Al Ahly had reached the final after a 71-65 victory over Nigerian champions Kano Pillars, while Recreativo do Libolo produced a 82-72 victory over AS Sale of Morocco to reach the competition’s final for the third time in a row.
AS Sale finished third after securing a 88-76 win over Kano Pillars.