Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
Basketball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
After struggling at the start of the game, hosts Al Ahly managed to close the first quarter with a narrow 14-13 lead.
The hosts led by as many as nine points during the second period before the Angolan side managed to cut the deficit to two points as first half ended 33-31 for Al Ahly.
The Red Devils continued their strong performance and were leading by seven points during most of the third quarter, but the Angolans fought back and reduced the deficit as the Egyptian side entered the last quarter with a 54-50 lead.
Recreativo do Libolo then made a surprise comeback during the fourth quarter and managed a two-point lead but the hosts regrouped on time to secure the title with a 68-66 victory.
Al Ahly had reached the final after a 71-65 victory over Nigerian champions Kano Pillars, while Recreativo do Libolo produced a 82-72 victory over AS Sale of Morocco to reach the competition’s final for the third time in a row.
AS Sale finished third after securing a 88-76 win over Kano Pillars.