Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
Ghazal scores an own goal as Nacional lose to Rio Ave
The first half lacked energy and action, except for a couple of dangerous chances by both sides.
Just four minutes into the second half, Egypt’s midfielder Aly Ghazal converted an accurate cross at the back of his own net, giving the lead for Rio Ave.
One minute later, Rio Ave’s attacking midfielder Filip Krovinovic doubled his team’s tally as he slotted the ball past Nacional’s goalkeeper making it 2 nil for the home side.
At the 71st minute, Nacional’s striker; Willyan managed to pull one back for the home side making it 2-1.
Both teams failed to score further goals until the referee blew the full time whistle.
Following the loss, Nacional currently occupies the 15th league spot with 11 points from 14 matches.