Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
VIDEO: Salah, Morsy on target as Zamalek ease past Ittihad
Ittihad had their first real chance in the 28th minute when Khaled Kamar’s superb back-heel inside the box was saved by Zamalek keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy.
Ten minutes later, Stanley Ohawuchi’s cross was met by Ibrahim Salah, but his shot went wide of the post.
Zamalek had a goal disallowed ahead of the break when Shikabala’s free-kick went into the net but the referee cancelled the goal after Mahmoud Hamdy El-Wensh fouled Ittihad keeper El-Hany Soliman.
Ittihad embarked on a counter attack on the stroke of half time but Kamar was denied again by El-Shennawy as the first half ended goalless.
Five minutes into the second half, Ibrahim Salah headed home Shikabala’s corner-kick to give Zamalek a 1-0 lead.
Zamalek were awarded a penalty and Ittihad’s Mohamed Atwa was sent off for a second booking after fouling Ayman Hefny inside the area in the 66th minute. Bassem Morsy scored from the spot to double Zamalek’s lead.
Ayman Hefny was close to add his side’s third goal with three minutes to go but his strike went wide of the post as the game ended in a 2-0 victory for Zamalek.
Zamalek sit fourth in the league table on 28 points, and four games in hand, while Ittihad are 10th on 19 points.