Sam Morsy was an unused substitute as Wigan Athletic were unable to...
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
- Adel Taarabt: Salah one of the best in Serie A
- Gehad Greisha back to officiating in Egyptian Premier League
- Zamalek to pay a portion of Agogo’s unpaid wages
- Al Hilal crowned league champions over Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli, Kahraba’s Ittihad
Cairo Derby to take place at Borg El Arab Stadium
Cairo Derby between Zamalek and Al Ahly will take place at Borg El Arab Stadium in Alexandria, it has been announced on Friday.
There have been much doubts about the encounter, with rumors intensifying that the game, scheduled on December 29, could be postponed.
However, the Egyptian Football Association has dismissed the possibility that the derby game sees any delay.
The same Egyptian domestic federation announced on Friday they succeeded in obtaining an agreement to hold the big game in the military-owned stadium.
The EFA also stated that they have contacted Zamalek who didn’t show any objection of playing in the Alexandria-based stadium.
It is worth recalling that Al Ahly currently lead the Egyptian Premier League with 42 points, while Zamalek are third after earning 31 points with two games in hand.