Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
Cairo Derby to take place at Borg El Arab Stadium
Cairo Derby between Zamalek and Al Ahly will take place at Borg El Arab Stadium in Alexandria, it has been announced on Friday.
There have been much doubts about the encounter, with rumors intensifying that the game, scheduled on December 29, could be postponed.
However, the Egyptian Football Association has dismissed the possibility that the derby game sees any delay.
The same Egyptian domestic federation announced on Friday they succeeded in obtaining an agreement to hold the big game in the military-owned stadium.
The EFA also stated that they have contacted Zamalek who didn’t show any objection of playing in the Alexandria-based stadium.
It is worth recalling that Al Ahly currently lead the Egyptian Premier League with 42 points, while Zamalek are third after earning 31 points with two games in hand.