Al Ahly football director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced that a media ban will...
- Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
Basketball: Al Ahly win league title after beating Sporting
This encounter comes after a draw in point between the two teams with 42 points. Both teams had to play a final match according to the tournament’s regulations.
The recently crowned African champions began dominating the game from the second set, eliminating options for Sporting to lead the game. This strategy continued till Al Ahly sealed the match with 57 points.
Led by coach Tarek Khairy, the Red Devils were able to secure the title after amazing performances from the club stars Tarel El-Ghannam, Mohannad El-Sabagh and Ibrahim Gamal. “This was a tough championship for the team because of the number of games our players had to play this season,” Khairy told Al Ahly official website. “However, I never doubted the team’s ability to overstep such obstacles.”
Club’s president Mahmoud Taher also expressed his happiness after the win and congratulated the team and staff. “These players are proving that they can start a new era full of achievements and championships,” Taher added.