Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
Hull City sack manager Mike Phelan after three months in charge
📝 | The Club can announce this evening that it has parted company with Head Coach Mike Phelan. More details to follow…
— Hull City (@HullCity) January 3, 2017
Hull City sit bottom of the league with 13 points, following Swansea’s away win over Crystal Palace on Tuesday.
Mike Phelan took over as caretaker manager in the wake of Steve Bruce’s exit. Phelan’s strong start as head coach led to him gaining the permanent position in October. This included wins over reigning champions Leicester and Swansea in Hull’s first four league games.
However, the tide began to turn for Phelan. The Tiger’s last win was the 2-1 victory against Southampton.
The club statement regarding Phelan’s firing read: “We would like to thank Mike for his efforts both as assistant manager and head coach over the last two years.”
Hull have announced that the hunt for a new manager is under way. The Tigers next play Swansea in the FA Cup Third Round on the 7th January.