Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
Hull City sack manager Mike Phelan after three months in charge
📝 | The Club can announce this evening that it has parted company with Head Coach Mike Phelan. More details to follow…
— Hull City (@HullCity) January 3, 2017
Hull City sit bottom of the league with 13 points, following Swansea’s away win over Crystal Palace on Tuesday.
Mike Phelan took over as caretaker manager in the wake of Steve Bruce’s exit. Phelan’s strong start as head coach led to him gaining the permanent position in October. This included wins over reigning champions Leicester and Swansea in Hull’s first four league games.
However, the tide began to turn for Phelan. The Tiger’s last win was the 2-1 victory against Southampton.
The club statement regarding Phelan’s firing read: “We would like to thank Mike for his efforts both as assistant manager and head coach over the last two years.”
Hull have announced that the hunt for a new manager is under way. The Tigers next play Swansea in the FA Cup Third Round on the 7th January.