The Malian sports minister cancelled the dissolution of the Malian football association, just...
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
Hull City sack manager Mike Phelan after three months in charge
📝 | The Club can announce this evening that it has parted company with Head Coach Mike Phelan. More details to follow…
— Hull City (@HullCity) January 3, 2017
Hull City sit bottom of the league with 13 points, following Swansea’s away win over Crystal Palace on Tuesday.
Mike Phelan took over as caretaker manager in the wake of Steve Bruce’s exit. Phelan’s strong start as head coach led to him gaining the permanent position in October. This included wins over reigning champions Leicester and Swansea in Hull’s first four league games.
However, the tide began to turn for Phelan. The Tiger’s last win was the 2-1 victory against Southampton.
The club statement regarding Phelan’s firing read: “We would like to thank Mike for his efforts both as assistant manager and head coach over the last two years.”
Hull have announced that the hunt for a new manager is under way. The Tigers next play Swansea in the FA Cup Third Round on the 7th January.