Enugu Rangers chief executive Christian Chukwu admitted they respect their CAF Champions...
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- Essam El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
Hull City sack manager Mike Phelan after three months in charge
📝 | The Club can announce this evening that it has parted company with Head Coach Mike Phelan. More details to follow…
— Hull City (@HullCity) January 3, 2017
Hull City sit bottom of the league with 13 points, following Swansea’s away win over Crystal Palace on Tuesday.
Mike Phelan took over as caretaker manager in the wake of Steve Bruce’s exit. Phelan’s strong start as head coach led to him gaining the permanent position in October. This included wins over reigning champions Leicester and Swansea in Hull’s first four league games.
However, the tide began to turn for Phelan. The Tiger’s last win was the 2-1 victory against Southampton.
The club statement regarding Phelan’s firing read: “We would like to thank Mike for his efforts both as assistant manager and head coach over the last two years.”
Hull have announced that the hunt for a new manager is under way. The Tigers next play Swansea in the FA Cup Third Round on the 7th January.