Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
English Premier League players set for AFCON action
With the Africa Cup of Nations just around the corner, the English Premier League are set to lose some of the finest football players in Africa.
A massive 22 first-team players head to Gabon from England for a potential three weeks lead by Liverpool top scorer Sadio Mane of Senegal and EPL Player of the Season Riyad Mahrez.
Some clubs are not as lucky as Arsenal & Manchester United who’ll lose a single player each for the AFCON such as Leicester City & Stoke City who’ll have to do without three integral players each.
It is of no surprise that Ivory Coast are the side with most players playing in the English Premier League as they boast five athletes amongst their ranks
Below, we preview the players who are set to star for their nations in Gabon.
Mohamed Elneny – Egypt
Max Gradel – Ivory Coast
Bakary Sako – Mali
Wilfried Zaha – Ivory Coast
Idrissa Gana Gueye – Senegal
Ahmed Elmohamady – Egypt
Dieumerci Mbokani – DR Congo
Daniel Amartey – Ghana
Islam Slimani – Algeria
Riyad Mahrez – Algeria
Sadio Mané – Senegal
Eric Bailly – Ivory Coast
Sofiane Boufal – Morocco
Mame Biram Diouf – Senegal
Ramadan Sobhi – Egypt
Wilfried Bony – Ivory Coast
Didier Ndong – Gabon
Lamine Koné – Ivory Coast
Wahbi Khazri – Tunisia
Adlène Guedioura – Algeria
West Ham United:
André Ayew – Ghana
Cheikhou Kouyaté – Senegal