Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
Elmohamady: We hope to return from Gabon as AFCON winners
Elmohamady appeared in 19 games for his struggling Hull City side, recording one assist so far this season. Elmohamady joined up with his Egypt teammates in their training camp on Wednesday.
“Cuper told us that all of Africa is following Egypt after our two victories in the World Cup qualifiers and also because we won the title three times in a row during the past period that we participated in the competition,” the 29-year-old told ON E channel.
“I hope to feature more for Egypt in the AFCON because being with my national team in such a big event. We need support of the nation. We will attempt to win the African competition and we wish to return to Egypt in February with the trophy.”
“All nations value the Egyptian national team. The team has great players right now and all of them aim to have a big role in our campaign,” he concluded.